At DDC, we take utmost care for patient comfort.
Lasers are an exciting and latest technology, widely used in medicine, kind to tissues, and excellent for healing.
The 810nm diode laser is specifically a soft tissue laser. This wavelength is ideally suited for soft tissue procedures since it is highly absorbed in hemoglobin and melanin, both of which are prevalent in soft tissues. This gives the diode laser the ability to precisely cut, coagulate, ablate or vaporize the target tissue with less trauma, improved postoperative healing, and faster recovery times.
The Ezlase keeps patients more comfortable in two ways. Its 940 nm wavelength, developed exclusively for dentistry by Biolase, is better absorbed by hemoglobin and oxyhemoglobin than other wavelengths, so the ezlase cuts efficiently at lower power and with less heat.
Few areas where the diode lasers are used in dentistry are
- Gingivectomy Haemostasis: Gingival Troughing for impressions.
- Operculectomy Gingival Hyperplasia: Excision and/or recontouring of gingival hyperplasia.
- Laser Assisted Periodontal Treatment
- Superior whitening solution.
- In addition to performing surgical procedures, ezlase is also an ideal teeth-whitening tool. A full-mouth, in-office whitening can be performed in only 20 minutes, faster than any other in-office whitening system.
- Ezlase is FDA cleared for temporary relief of minor pain. The exclusive beam-dispersing hand piece has several therapeutic applications, including providing temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain and stiffness.
Most procedures can be performed by eslaze using topical anesthetic only.